If you love fireworks, you’re in luck. Korea has some of the most spectacular fireworks festivals in the world, and they’re happening soon. In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to three of them: the Seoul International Fireworks Festival, the Busan Fireworks Festival, and the Pohang International Fireworks Festival.
These events are not only dazzling displays of pyrotechnics but also cultural celebrations that showcase the beauty and diversity of Korea. Read on to find out more about these amazing fireworks festivals and how to enjoy them.
1) Seoul International Fireworks Festival
The Seoul International Fireworks Festival is one of the most spectacular events in Korea. It takes place every year in October at Yeouido Hangang Park, where you can enjoy the dazzling display of fireworks. This event attracts a huge crowd of about 1 million people to Yeouido Park and even more people to the surrounding areas. The authorities even have to close roads and sidewalks because of the crowd.
- Arrive early to secure a good spot. The park gets very crowded, so you may want to bring a picnic mat or a chair to sit on.
- Use public transportation to avoid traffic jams. The nearest subway station is Yeouinaru Station on line 5, but it may skip the station if it is too crowded. You can also take a bus or a taxi to nearby areas and walk to the park.
- Watch the fireworks from different angles. You can also enjoy the fireworks from a Han River cruise, a nearby hotel, or other locations along the river, like the Ichon area.
- Dress warmly and bring an umbrella. The weather can be chilly and rainy in October, so make sure you are prepared for any changes.
- Have fun and be safe. Follow the safety guidelines and respect other visitors. Do not bring any fireworks or flammable items to the park.
Stay tuned for more information on the Seoul fireworks festival as details have yet to be released.
Location: Yeouido Park
Date: Fall, usually late Sept/early Oct
2) Pohang International Fireworks Festival
The Pohang International Fireworks Festival is a spectacular event that showcases traditional Korean fireworks and fireworks from around the world. It is held every year in late May or early June at the Hyeongsangang Sports Park and Yeongildae Beach in Pohang, South Korea. The festival attracts thousands of visitors who enjoy the dazzling fireworks display, as well as various cultural and entertainment activities.
3) Busan International Fireworks Festival
Busan Fireworks Festival is an annual event held in Busan, South Korea. The festival features a large-scale fireworks show that illuminates the skies over Gwangalli Beach. With the Gwangan Bridge as the backdrop, the fireworks can be seen from Gwangalli Beach and even from nearby areas like Hwangnyeong Mountain and Dongbaek Island.
Busan Fireworks Festival is usually held in October. However, the 17th Busan Fireworks Festival was held on December 17, 2022. You can usually buy seats to the event.
A quick check on Busan Culture and Tourism Festival Organising Committee’s website reveals this year’s fireworks festival is to be held on 4 Nov 2023. Plan your trips accordingly!
Location: Gwangalli Beach
Date: 4 Nov 2023
If you happen to be in Busan, why not catch a drone light show at Gwangalli Beach? It is held every Saturday evening all year long!
So what do you think of these fireworks festivals in Korea? Will you want to attend at least one of them this year?